New Start Program GRant Guidelines
Applying for a Grant:
- Applications must be submitted by a licensed social service agency currently providing services to the client. Each candidate will be screened for eligibility by a case manager or social worker based on the guidelines below.
We do NOT accept requests from individuals.
- To apply for a NSP grant, please complete and submit the form linked to below. Or you may send an email addressing the questions in the guidelines below and outlining your candidate's needs to: email@example.com
- Please tell us about your agency (if you have never submitted a grant request before) and your role in this client's situation.
- Checks are made payable directly to the appropriate vendor, not to the individual. Grants may also be requested for education, training, or books and supplies that help an individual become more employable.
- While we request client names for our records, these names are kept in strict confidence.
- We do not provide grants for medical expenses, childcare, or fines.
- Grants may be requested for such things as utilities, rent, transportation needs, education, training/licenses, books and supplies, clothing (such as required uniforms). Please email if you have questions regarding your client's specific needs.
- For requests such as car repair, please provide a written estimate from the repair garage and assurance of where additional funds will come from if necessary. Please also supply a date when the car repair has taken place.